Seeking EOI submissions: DEADLINE EXTENDED to September 12
OPEN Events Program – 2022/23
Over the past 3 years, Victoria’s child and family services sector has continued to deliver effective programs and services to the most vulnerable community members during a global pandemic.
To showcase the full diversity and innovation of the sector’s work and lessons, OPEN is seeking nominations from sectors working with children, young people and families. We invite you to present on your promising or innovative practice, programs or research as contributors to a 12 month OPEN event program, consisting of the upcoming online OPEN Symposium and a OPEN Forum event series.
If you or your colleagues have examples of innovative practice, programs or research, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for presentations from speakers who want to showcase their work in one or more of the following areas:
- Out of Home Care – Improving young people’s experience, outcomes and learning
- Centring the voices of lived experience – Inspiring practice incorporating the insights of those with lived experience of vulnerability
- Promoting cultural safety and inclusion – Providing inclusive and culturally safe practices
- Early help and early intervention – Keeping families together
- Supporting children to thrive – Making sure children’s rights are recognised and they can thrive
- Innovative collaborative practice and partnerships – Thinking outside to box to drive new practice and approaches which cross service divisions
We ask that you complete the template (linked below). Consider the following:
- What was your purpose or objective?
- What did you deliver, and to whom?
- What difference did you make and how do you know?
- (If relevant) Describe how your program or practice involved the voice of clients or those with lived experience.
All nominations will be grouped according to their key themes and considered for:
- the upcoming OPEN Symposium on 26th and 27th October 2022, or
- our tailored monthly OPEN Forums over the coming year (commencing December 2022.)
Our first priority will be to select speakers for our Symposium. Following this, we will configure our monthly OPEN Forum program, with the first Forum to be scheduled in early December. Each presenter wishing to showcase their work will be contacted as we develop the program, and we will send reminders out so if you’re not quite ready to present now, don’t worry! There will be plenty of opportunities in 2023.
- EOI Opens: 18th August
- EOI Closes: COB 12th September
- Symposium invitations issued: 16th September
- OPEN Forum invitations issued: 30th September
Not sure what a Symposium looks like? Check out last year’s stellar line up here
Find the EOI template: OPEN Event program – Expression of Interest Form – August 2022
Queries or questions? Send them to the OPEN Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your applications to email@example.com with ‘EOI for OPEN Events 2022’ in the subject line